Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Gorgeous day

Don't know why, I'm not getting to enjoy it much. A bit here & there, but mostly just looking out the window. It's getting closer & closer to Halloween, and I still haven't pulled the decorations out of the attic.

I did manage to get most of the layers of paint off the bathroom door & frame. Enough that it *almost* closes properly. Unfortunately, whoever hung the door got the bottom hinge 1/16" too close to the frame, and I don't know of a good way to fix that. I guess I could fill the holes & redrill. Seems like I pain in the patootie when it's *almost* right.

Especially since we'll probably be moving in a couple of years. It just doesn't seem worth it to put in the effort for someone else to enjoy. I almost can't help myself, though. It's one of the reasons I just left it all alone. "Any job worth doing is worth doing right." I *want* to half-ass that kind of stuff, it just never seems to happen.

No comments: