I rode down to Sardis yesterday, to work on Paul's mom's computer. I opened the case and 6 or 7 capacitors were blown. I could have probably found a replacement, but it'd have been used, and already 6 or 7 years old, too. Or we could have reused the case and drives, just replacing the motherboard, cpu, ram, and psu, and... spent almost as much money that Margy spent on her new laptop. Just not economically feasible.
I ate a little homemade jerky, but declined staying for (what was probably a delicious) BBQ dinner. Mike's kids & grandkids were all there to celebrate his birthday (last Fri) and I needed to get back home to celebrate MY wife's birthday.
Speaking of which: I opted out of the general Facebook clamor & wished her a happy day in person. (I'm taking a break from the FB attention-whore social club). I went to the book store to use her gift card & get the new book she's been wanting. When I got there, I noticed a little kid wandering around. Maybe 3 years old, clutching a new-looking Spongebob book. I asked where his mommy was (hoping he spoke english). He immediately started to tear up, "I don't know" and looked around in circles. I asked if she went in the store, and he nodded, starting to cry more. I told him it was ok, we'd find her, and started to walk up to him to take his hand. At that point, he looked nervous & started to back away. I laughed a little, and told him it was good to be scared of strangers, but I'd help him find his mom, anyway if he'd follow me. He did, and about halfway up the aisles he spotted her & ran up to her. I stood there as she looked up like "WTF do you want?" I just told her that I found him crying outside, but he's ok. She thanked me, I found Jamie's book, and when I went past again, she all but had a leash on him :) Hopefully that little scare will have her keeping a closer eye in the future...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment