Sunday, August 05, 2007

OMG! This never happens to me!

So I stopped at a yard sale today, because I saw they had a weedeater out & I need one.  I wasn't expecting it to run, but if it did, I didn't want to pay more than 10 or 20 bucks for it.  So I walk up and the lady says "If you see something you want, name your price & you can probably have it."  I figure they must be trying to just have the shit go away.  I've been there :)  I ask if the weedeater works, and she says she's not sure but he only wants a dollar for it.  The guy comes out & says it runs but the bottom doesn't spin.  He cranks it up & it started easy.  Looked like the string wanted to spin, but whatever.  He actually did just want a dollar for it.  

I went ahead and bought it.  I figured if I couldn't fix it cheaply, I'd work out a way to put it on Ramona's bike & make a moped :)  Or just throw it away.  It was a freakin dollar!  Later I started to take it apart, to check the drive cable.  It looked ok, so I spun it by hand.  The string started spinning!  As I was putting the shaft back in the motor, I realized it had been pulled out about a half inch.  I cranked it up & the fucker worked!  I got a working weedeater for a dollar!  W00t!

No comments: