On Saturday I built a 4' x 6' loft in the garage. It's a good place for extra bike parts to hang out. Right now it's stuffed full of Goldwing baggage :)
On Sunday I replaced the water pump on the Merc. One touchy bit removing the fan. It kept spinning instead of loosening. It was suggested that I jam something into the belt to stop it spinning, but that didn't work. I went to Autozone to buy a "fan clutch tool" but all they had was a set for most Fords. I checked, and indeed a fan clutch tool for a Ford 4.6L V8 was included. The guy said it'd be $40. I was hesitant to purchase a full set of Ford tools that I'd use once, but it was still cheaper than paying someone to do it. The guy kept talking as I was thinking, "And when you bring it back, you'll get your $40 back, it's just a deposit."
Yep, it was a loaner tool. Sometimes Autozone isn't too bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment