
I've been kicking this around for a while. It was my first bike, back when I was 14. A 1982 CB125s. As I've been pretty broke, I figured I'd see what all I could do with it, for almost free. It's a little bike, but it makes a good starter bike.
Well, I poured some Marvel Mystery Oil into the cylinder & kicked it over a few times. Got decent compression & *spark*! Turned out the plug wasn't cross threaded, just dirty threads. Cleaned them up, put the plug in. Ok, what next. Old-ass 6v battery needed water, so I filled it up with *distilled* water (NOT tap water...) Knew it was dead, but plugged it in anyway. Squirt some starting fluid into the carb and kick, kick, kick, VROOM!
Well, it will run as long as you keep squirting it with go-juice. I hooked up a fiberglass tracker tank, and fuel is getting into the float bowl. I *have* cleaned & rebuilt this carb... a year or more ago. Plus, it was my first ever carb clean & rebuild. Since I've done the 4 'wing carbs a few times, I'm sure I screwed the cleaning of this simple little carb. Gonna pull it tonight & clean it more. Hopefully I'll be riding up & down the street before the night is over...
One last pic of me & my gf at the time. I sure looked funny at 15 :)

No comments:
Post a Comment