Arrest leads to acres of goods aka Old Man Trying To Get By On Fixed Income Unfairly Represented In The Media.
Joe Henderson, of Senatobia, Tate County, MS is my uncle. Most of this story is a non-story. First of all, the "acres of goods"? He has a junkyard! It's officially closed, but once you get into junk, it's hard to stop.
When you buy & sell junk, you typically deal in cash, which is where that comes in. The stolen goods? I know Joe, and he wouldn't knowingly deal in stolen goods. That doesn't mean everything that went through the yard was clean, he just wouldn't deal with hot merch if he knew.
Now the weed... well, I don't know about that. I can't see an old man in failing health being a big time drug trafficker, but I suppose it's possible. I figure someone probably stashed it on the property, and he got busted for it. Hell, he might have pissed the cops off enough for them to set him up.
Mostly, though, he's just a Good Ol' Boy. Think Uncle Jesse from the Dukes of Hazzard, only a bit more of an asshole. He's the kind of guy that wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire, but if your car broke down & you were going to lose your job & you had kids... He'd be most likely to throw you some keys & say "eh, take that green Chevy, pay me when you can."
I sure hope it turns out ok. He's too fucking old for prison.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
OBVIOUSLY he took the heat for someone, and whoever snitched was getting even - most likely has a problem with the person Uncle Joe took the fall for.
It's good, though. Unless the Mississippah judiciary ALSO harbors ill will, no judge should allow more than token prosecutorial guidelines in sentencing.
Post a Comment