Thursday, May 08, 2008

Wrong-way!

Went riding with Jerry last night, since it was bike night & all. Rode down to Beale St. to hang out with some of his buddies. It was alright. Not too many cool bikes. A couple of sporties & a couple of old jap bikes. It was ok, though, and the impending rain kept the crowd down. My soda was watery, though. I guess they mostly use them for mixers...

After Beale St. we wanted to ride some more, so we hopped on the interstate :O and went out to Joe's Crabshack. It was closing, but we got to pee :) Mainly I wanted to try the new bike out on the istate. It went swimmingly well. The wind was a little bad, but not too bad. Oh, and apparently cleaning the connectors on my battery cables helped. When we left Joe's, I was able to start the wing warm, with no starting fluid or jump box. Yay! for that!

Ah, yes. Wrong-way. Well, on the way to Beale, we passed a cop & I was thinking it was a good thing we both had decent looking helmets. We pulled up to a red light as I was still pondering this, and my gaze turned to Jerry... And the DOT sticker on his forehead! The DOT sticker is on the *back* of the helmet, which means his helmet was on backwards! I nearly forgot to tell his guys about it, we were leaving and I hopped back off the bike to go tell them. As we left, Bones yelled out "See ya later, Wrong-way!" I can't wait for Jerry to show up with a new name patch. He deserves a nickname like Wrong-way for wearing his helmet backwards :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

once again, thanks joe, fucker

Kate said...

Least it wasn't your pants, coolio!

Anonymous said...

if it was my pants, i would'a made ya' Jump Jump