Man Imitates America's Army, Saves Lives
When Paxton Galvanek saw the SUV roll several times, he told his wife to call 911 and went to help the passengers. He pulled the first person out of the vehicle, determined there were only minor injuries and moved on to the next. This was more serious. Missing fingers and excessive bleeding.
Remembering medic training during the game America's Army, he utilized the first aid skills he learned there to stabilize the injured man's condition until more qualified help arrived. It's very possible the man would have bled to death if Galvanek hadn't been there to help.
----
I played AA for quite a while before I moved to Counter-Strike:Source. The training, especially the medic training, was a pain in the ass. You sat through several lectures and then took a quiz. My biggest complaint was that this didn't help you whatsoever in the game. In the game you found an injured player, hit the "heal" key, and went on. I guess that medic training wasn't a complete waste of time :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment