Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Well, my birthday is well past

And no, I didn't get any nekkid pix :(

What I *did* get was a nice little trip to Nashville with Ramona. Just barely, though. We'd talked about it in the past, but it never worked out. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to afford it this time, so I didn't tell her about it. Rich was confident enough to take Fri. nite off, though. I'm digressing. So Thursday night Ramona comes into my room & states that her mother is picking her up from school on Fri. so I can go out & "do something fun *you* want to do on your birthday". OMG! As soon as she left the room I called Sam. Seems as though Ramona had planned it all, and it was really going to be a burden on Sam. Good for me! I told Sam not to worry about it, I'd pick her up and we were going to Nashville, but don't tell Ramona, it's a surprise.

Friday rolls around & I take off work early, go home & pack for us both, being sure to put everything in the trunk. You know, so she can't see it. I head to the school & pick her up, and of course she comments that "Mom was supposed to pick me up". Oh, she's running late so I told he I'd pick you up. We get on I-40 and head east. We pass Wolfchase. We pass Lakeland. I can tell by now she's confused, and she knows we're much farther east than is usual. So I turn off the radio & get her to take her ipod off. Now she's worried that she's in trouble.

"Sweetie, you know today is my birthday, and you're supposed to stay with your mom so I can do whatever it is that I want to do most. Well, what I want to do most is go on a trip to Nashville with you. So instead of staying with your mom, we're going to Nashville."

She screams & hollers & basically is happy. I give her her phone & she starts texting all her friends telling them where we're going. After the initial flurry of texts, I'm glad she got the ipod nano with video. She's got all her music on there, and a couple of movies to keep her occupied for the trip.

We get to Nashville & meet up with Rich & Lisa. Dinner at Sal's (I think) pizza joint. The pizza was pretty good, but I like the High Point pizza better :) Then we go check into the hotel & hang out there a bit. I couldn't get wireless working, but I was able to "hack" into the old wired connection. It helped that a previous occupant had removed the faceplate that covered it :)

Saturday morning we woke up bright & early & checked out. Brunch at ihop. Then Lisa split to do schoolwork, and Ramona, Rich, & I went to the Adventure Science Center. It was fun, and Rich got to touch things (but not the abundance of milfs). Towards the end, Ramona convinced me to do the flight simulator with her. It looks like so much fun, you spin around & go upside down. Well, after the first time we went upside down, she was threatening to hit the "stop movement" button. I think it freaked her out more than she expected :)

A combination of the flight sim & ihop breakfast (there's a *reason* I don't eat their eggs) upset my stomach something fierce. Luckily Ramona had some Tums in her purse. We sat in the car & gave that a chance to work, and then went to pick up Lisa for dinner, at Red Robin. The burgers were really, really good. They ought to be, at 10 bucks a pop! Oh, well, Rich gracefully paid for most of the meals while we were there, as a birthday present. Thanks Rich!

We made our way towards home. I don't think Ramona made it out of the county before she was asleep.

It was a great trip, and a great birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy you had such a supercool birthday. When does middle age begin, btw?