Tuesday, November 25, 2008

An interesting observation

30x32 is NOT the same as 32x30.

Recently I was at the store with Kate, looking for something for her. Since browsing women's business clothing doesn't really do much for me, I wasted time in the men's department. First, I found some nice new shoes, Timberlands, for $25. Then... some new "jean" style corduroys. Two pair, some green 30x32, and grey 31x32. I've been thinking about moving up one size in pants, anyway, to facilitate carrying the .357 IWB. So I got them both. "Don't you want to try them on?" Kate wisely asked. "Nah, I know what size I wear..."

Flash forward to this morning. I go to put them on and realize I *don't* know what size I wear. They fit well enough, the waist is ok (but no room for a IWB holster), the butt is snug, but... I remember why I moved up in size. The crotch is a bit more snug than is comfortable, and I feel like I've got my package all pushed out in everyone's face :(

so what I'm wanting next time is to remember, 33!x32 :)

No comments: