Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Now I remember why I've never replaced my old alarm clock

It had a simple button for you to turn the alarm off for the day, but it would dutifully buzz the next morning, without further setup. If the snooze button still worked, I'd still be using it. I think Elaina gave it to me for my 17th birthday, which would put it close to 20 years old.

The new alarm clock doesn't have that reset button. You need to slide the switch off to turn it off, then remember to turn it back on that night. If you slide it off then back on, well, it's still 6:00 so it'll go off again. Long story short, I forgot to turn it on last night. It's hard to break a 20 year routine :O So when my backup (cell phone) alarm went off at 6:45, all hell broke loose. Ramona & I need to leave by 7. Kate needs to get ready, too.

Needless to say, there's a whole houseful of women pissed off at me now :(

No comments: