In my dream, we were invited to a birthday party or something by Robin, at Ashlar Hall. It was supposed to be fairly fancy, but we didn't dress up. The place where the invite said to park only had room for for 5 or 6 cars. Once we got there, there was a restaurant, very small townish, where we ordered. I was about to pick up the food but I had to get Kate first. When we got back, someone had eaten my bbq sandwich, but not Kate's food.
I don't remember why we decided we needed to leave in a hurry, but we did. I was driving the pickup. The girls both got in ok, but I took off while Kate was still climbing in back. The driveway went through a sort of field with a lot of crowded walking paths. Almost immediately there was a sharp turn, and Kate tumbled off the side of the truck. I tried to go back & pick her up but she wasn't there.
I spent hours looking for her, and along the way somehow lost the girls. Now I was looking for all three. For some reason, I felt the girls were ok, but I was worried about Kate. I stumbled on a back room, very old like a country farm. A lot of gray, unpainted old wood. There were two seedy black men there, wearing ratty old overalls. I felt like I should be scared of them, but *they* were scared, and left immediately. There were rats running down the hall, but that's not what scared them, I did. I looked out back door, the yard was all muddy and desolate, and very uninviting. I tried the first door I came to and found the door to the rest of the house. It was very festive there, like night and day. I found a basement room where a cute hippy chick with long brown curly hair was sitting, playing with 7 chihuahuas. When I opened the door, the dogs all started to get away, but she said it was ok. Then she started hitting on me, but I ignored her. I needed to find Kate.
That's when I noticed the party was starting to turn dirty. The entire second floor was divided up into bedrooms, with couples and groups. I checked but didn't find anyone I was looking for there. I went out front, and somehow the grounds looked just like Overton Park. Green, lots of old trees, and random marble benches or statues. There was a guy peeing in condoms & giving them to other guys, who'd poke holes in the end & squirt people with them. There were several wet tshirt contests, a couple of big kiddy pools being used for oil wrestling, and topless people abounded. By this time I really wanted to get my family and leave, but I couldn't find them. I kept checking to be sure I had my phone and I did, but for some reason I never used it to call either Kate or the girls. Finally I decided I was going to call, but I woke up just as I pulled the phone out of my pocket.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment